How to prevent Mold
The most effective way to prevent mold in the home is to control the moisture in your home. Although you can not prevent mold 100% you can vastly reduce the suitable conditions for the growth of mold by controlling the moisture in the home. Here are some simple ideas to help with moisture control:
- Regular Maintenance on water system – identify and repair any water leaks as soon as possible.
- Clean and dry – if there has been a leak clean and dry the area within 48 hours.
- Air conditioners or dehumidifiers could help with keeping the moisture % down in the home.
- Hi-humidity areas should be free of carpets or rugs.
- Proper ventilation in the home can prevent the growth of mold.
- Use mold inhibitors in household cleaning and painting products.
- Maintain humidity levels of 30% to 50%.
- Increase air circulation om bathrooms and showers.
- Appliances that produce moisture should be properly ventilated.
Temperature insulation can prevent condensation build up
We're Here To Help!
2115 NW 6th Place
Ft. Lauderdale FL 33311
M-F: 8am – 6pm
What People Are Saying
Extreme Mold Services was there the next day to evaluate my basement. The men were professional, kind and compassionate. The job was completed in a very timely manner. We were kept inform as to each procedure that was being done to get rid of the problem. They were available by phone or text to answer any and all of our questions. I would highly recommend Extreme Mold Sevices for any mold work that needs to be done.