How to prevent Mold
The most effective way to prevent mold in the home is to control the moisture in your home. Although you can not prevent mold 100% you can vastly reduce the suitable conditions for the growth of mold by controlling the moisture in the home. Here are some simple ideas to help with moisture control:
- Regular Maintenance on water system – identify and repair any water leaks as soon as possible.
- Clean and dry – if there has been a leak clean and dry the area within 48 hours.
- Air conditioners or dehumidifiers could help with keeping the moisture % down in the home.
- Hi-humidity areas should be free of carpets or rugs.
- Proper ventilation in the home can prevent the growth of mold.
- Use mold inhibitors in household cleaning and painting products.
- Maintain humidity levels of 30% to 50%.
- Increase air circulation om bathrooms and showers.
- Appliances that produce moisture should be properly ventilated.
Temperature insulation can prevent condensation build up